by guest blogger Ivo Henfling
You will see very few AC units in Atenas homes, so when you are in the market to look at Atenas homes for sale, you will know what to look for. After the Costa Rica real estate boom, many investors mistakenly stopped building spec homes in Atenas, so the inventory of good homes on the market is small. Atenas homes still sell as well as ever because Atenas is such a prominent retirement location in Costa Rica.
You don’t want to make the mistake of purchasing the wrong Atenas home for sale and having to invest thousands of dollars in air-conditioning units in every room of the home. So what is it you should be looking for before you start living in Atenas?
8 Issues you should be aware of if you are going to purchase a home in Atenas
* Is the home located on a higher altitude or in the lower parts of Atenas? For fresher homes, look for the higher ridges that are offered in communities like Roca Verde, Pica Flora, Lomas de Paraiso, Hacienda Atenas, Vista Atenas, Cerro Luna and others.
* Does the home have windows that can be opened, like shutter windows, and exterior sliding doors so nice cross ventilation can be obtained at all times? Find out with your real estate agent where the wind generally comes from.
* Does the home have double height ceilings as most Atenas homes have, which will keep your social areas cool?
* Does the kitchen have a water connection for the ice maker on your fridge, so you can serve yourself some real nice cold drinks when needed?
* Is there a ceiling fan in each room that you can switch on during warm days or is it possible to install them?
* Are the exterior social areas large enough for you to spend most of your time outside, just like everyone else living in Atenas does?
* Is there space in the yard to plant a cluster of palm trees that provides enough shade to be able to sit in your garden?
* Is there a nice swimming pool on the property, so in case you get too hot, you can jump in?
If you want a knowledgeable Atenas real estate agent to assist you in this very important Costa Rica real estate decision, feel free to contact me NOW.